Sunday, June 26, 2011

Talk about the cat's pajamas...

Woke up this morning and went to mass at the mission.  I'm not really very familiar with the missions, but I know that they are marked as historical landmarks.  It was a nice change of atmosphere and I'm glad I kind of got to see what the mission is like.

After church, me and the girls went over to Marty's for breakfast.  We had some of his famous pancakes with fresh fruit.  We stayed there for a few hours, eating a delicious meal and enjoying each others company.  It has been a special part of the experience getting to know Marty's entire family.  Marty, Megan, and the kids have all been more than a pleasure to be with at and outside of camp.

Once we left, we ran a couple of errands.  One place we stopped was Whole Foods.  Which I was really hoping that Bobby Flay or one of his friends would go zooming by as part of a timed challenge or something.  But it was still an eventful trip because we got a load of delicious bulk goodies.  Then we stopped by Goleta Beach for a bit.

For dinner, Dan and Karen took us to an Italian place in town.  We had a blast as well as a great meal.  Jeesh, I am really going to miss being here.  Dan and Karen have been so welcoming and generous.  I have had fun spending time with them and also have learned from them in the process.  Which has been the case with a handful of people I've met while I've been here.  What a rewarding experience.

I'm telling you, being here is really the cat's pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment