Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 3 - Tasting the Trail

Today was "Botany Day" at camp.

We walked a trail by the farm and the kids learned all about the flowers, weeds, trees, native and non-native plants in the area.  And at one point we tasted some fennel and all enjoyed the black licorice flavor.  Well, not all of us enjoyed it...but I did.  Tasting fennel in the trail, you can put it in my video. =)

Also, the kids got to do some diggin' today!  And I dig diggin'!  Hah, it was really fun to have the kids hands-on on the farm.  We helped to plant a pumpkin patch as well as some beans. I love that the kids were enjoying it and also seeing how food grows out of the ground.  So so cool.

I worked more on the farm today once the kids left and feel so happy to be able to work with Five Loaves Farm.  Being out in the sun, hanging out with curious kids and helping to plant food for families in the community makes for a great day.

Oh and no "real" pictures for a couple days.  Camera broke, but hopefully in a week or so I'll be able to get some posted.  Until then, I might be using google images...like this one.  California poppies, we saw some today and it's the state flower.  That's one of the many things the kids taught me today about plants.  I swear, they are plant magicians or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment