Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 9 - Another "First Day" at Camp

The kids are younger this week.  And they are cuter than a miniature bunch of broccoli.

It was "Geology Day" at camp, which is the way the camp will be kicking off each week.  We took a nice, long hike with the kids and because of their little legs it took a little more motivation to get some of them up those big hills.  But we made it.  We saw the view, we learned about plate tectonics, and the kids probably picked up 117 stink beetles along the way.  A couple of snakes made a guest appearance on the hike this time too, which the kids loved and was fun for us adults as well.

There was also time spent on the farm today.  In the morning I was digging furrows and in the evening during "volunteer time" we were working in the greenhouse as well as weeding.  Satpreet was able to come to the farm in the evening and volunteer and she also took some pictures.  She is so creative and talented.  Since being together the past couple of days I have seen her capture so much beauty.  And in doing so it compliments her own beauty.

After the farm we went out to eat at a place called Pizza Guru.  Organic, local ingredients = delicious and even affordable pizza.  Oh and I tried some gluten free beer.  Not too shabby, but I would say for sure a very different mouth feel.  I tried a dark ale and it did have some malt flavor to it, you'd be able to tell it was gluten free - but it wasn't bad.  I am really looking forward to setting up my own brewing when I get home!  

I know I talk about food in everyone of these posts.  But come on, it's part of the experience. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment