Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 20 - This and That

So yesterday was the last day of camp and today was pretty much the last day on the farm.  Yikes.  Time has gone by so fast and in hindsight I wish I would have made the trip at least a little bit longer.  I am looking forward to seeing everybody back home and also to Garden Club, but I have really just scratched the surface here.

This morning we went to a small Episcopalian church service with Emiko.  It was an intimate setting with only about 15 people there.  Afterwards, the church served us a really good breakfast and it was a time for people to chat and get to know each other better.  I hadn't been to a service that small before and I definitely appreciated having the opportunity.  I should have gone earlier in my trip so that I could have gone more than once.

On the farm we did some weeding and also planted lettuce.  Then we did another community lunch.  We had some burritos, made some jokes, and chatted about soil.  It was great. =)

Afterwards, Kay, SP and I ran some errands and ended up back at Dan and Karen's.  Pete joined us later and we all went down to State Street for some Yogurtland.  Yogurtland in the house!  It was so good.  If it melts in your mouth and ends in -land then that's the place for me, that's what I always say.

No comments:

Post a Comment