Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 15 – Traveling Fools

Hit the road again this morning with Kay and SP!

This time we were heading to the Ventura/Camarillo area to hangout with Pete, Kayla's boyfriend, for the day. So happy that we went. We went to church together this morning and walked around the downtown area. I really appreciate that I've been able to see and explore a handful of different cities of Southern California while I've been here.  Below is a picture of us walking around on Main St. in Ventura.  Thank you, thank you, thank you Mitch for sending me your camera so I can take some pictures while I'm here!


We went to a Vietnamese restaurant for lunch and I got to try a noodle soup pronounced “fuh” for the first time. Oh and coconut milk out of a young coconut for the first time. Pete and Kayla were right, it was delicious. I wish I had a more sophisticated way to describe it, but for now what's coming to mind is “mm mm good”. This is Satpreet with the coconut liquid gold. =)



Before leaving we all went over to Pete's and got to meet his family which was really nice. He showed us around their place and they welcomed us to pick some avocados, grapefruits, and lemons off their trees in the backyard. And his mom gave us some of her homemade strawberry shortcake. Awesome.

And Happy Father's Day, Daddy-o. Miss and love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment