Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 7 - Citizens of Santa Barbara

Today I feel like I was just a normal citizen of Santa Barbara.  Oh yeaa!

Slept in a little bit and then Kay, Pete, SP and I all went to a farmer's market.  We got a whole slew of goodies to bring back with us including hummus (flavors: vegan curry, pesto), baba gnoush, strawberries, dates, and pepperjack cheese.  So, we picked up a bottle of wine and decided to have a "tapas style" meal.  My stomach as well as my taste buds were very happy with me.

But before we went back home we took a drive and got to see the view from the painted caves.  It was the coolest thing and I'm pretty sure we drove through the clouds.  I don't know if that's a completely accurate thing to say, but I think we really were above the clouds.  We went up so far and were looking through the fog. through the clouds, and through the mountains down on to Santa Barbara.  What a breathtaking experience.

And now, as I'm writing this, I am finishing up my day with babysitting.  One of Kay's roommates hooked me up with this family that needed a sitter tonight and they are kind enough to let me use their laptop and also their phone while I'm here.  Which is especially nice since mine is still somewhat soggy and out of commission (just my phone, not Junior too).

Looking forward to more baba gnoush when I leave and also pumped to hang out with SP and Kay. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment