Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 14 – “Everything in this room is edible, even I'm edible...”

Woo hoooo! Today was sunny and happy and wonderful.

The day started with a beautiful drive along “the 1” I think they call it. We drove through Malibu/Santa Monica with the sunroof back and the windows down. Jamming out to classic rock stations. It was simple and gorgeous.

After give or take an hour and a half of driving, we parked and walked up to the LA County Museum of Art (LACMA). On our walk there we passed by the La Brea Tar Pit, which I didn't even know existed until I got here. Those things are crazy! And the structure they had put in the pit was pretty depressing, a family of wooly mammoths crying in despair because they're being separated due to the lethal tar. I don't know if the way I'm describing it is painting any sort of picture, but if you google image it will probably make more sense.

While we were at LACMA we walked through the Tim Burton exhibit. Even splurged and got the headsets so that I knew more about what was going on. It was a unique experience and I would love to walk through it again. So much intriguing art. Things like that feel so magical to me. If we did go again though I would pretend to be 17 and therefore get in for free. I am insanely confident that there would be no questions asked. Over the winter I was asked for ID when buying a lottery ticket....hahah, okay back to our day in LA...

We had lunch at a place called The Urth Cafe. Oh and before that we kidnapped Satpreet, so she was with us now too. Great, natural food. Following lunch we headed to Pasadena to catch the end of a free musical festival they had going on. It was fun and refreshing to dance around outside for a little bit and then walk around Old Pasadena.

Afterward the three of us hit the road and rocked out all the way back to Goleta.

No comments:

Post a Comment