Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Farmalicious

Farmalicious definition, make them crops go crazy...=)

Spent the last two full days on the farm.  And the work days go by fast when you're weeding, thinning, harvesting, processing, making up catchy new songs inspired by Fergie. Ya know, the usual.  I could go into a lot of detail about what we did, the crops, the techniques, etc. But I'll just leave it at the part about how much I enjoy being out there.  It has clicked recently that my previous farm/garden experiences have been on a volunteer basis, and those experiences were so exciting and encouraging to me.  So I'm ecstatic that this summer when I'm done working outside I don't have to come home, change, and ask someone if they want any egg drop soup with that. That is a real big "woo hoo!!!".

Also this past weekend my parents and sister came to visit, which was great.  I am so appreciative that they were able to make the trip and that we could spend some time together!  We explored the downtown Evanston area a bit, which was fun and bigger than I expected.  In the weeks to come I am looking forward to becoming more of a regular at the shops, cafes, and restaurants down there.  While my family was visiting we also checked out the other side of Lake Michigan.  All sorts of pumped to be by the lake this summer!






Tomorrow we will be working with the high school students again.  Some of them are still in school so for now we just work with the students once a week, but come mid-June we will be working with everyone Monday-Friday.  It's about to be another sunny day in Chicago. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment